CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Wonder Years

“All our young lives we search for someone to love. Someone who makes us complete. We choose partners. And change partners. We dance to a song of heartbreak and hope, all the while wondering if somewhere, somehow, there’s someone perfect who might be searching for us.”

[I received a burned DVD full of episodes of The Wonder Years (along with 8 minute abs videos…long story) as part of a Christmas gift, and it has been amazing to have on this trip. My friend Paul had never seen this show before and i’ve since gotten him addicted. :) this quote is from the end of one of my favorite episodes called “Don’t You Know Anything About Women?”—i think taylor may have said it’s his favorite episode too. Anyhow, the ending scene is of a typical 8th grade dance. The non-existent yet almost tangible interaction between Kevin Arnold and Winnie Cooper at the end of this scene is so moving and captivating. Throw in “unchained melody” by the righteous brothers playing the in background, and the narrator speaking about young love… call me a sapp, but it’s simply perfect.]

1 comments:

JayPwn said...

Hey hey Phambuster! How's the cruise going?! Thanks for sending me the link to this. I will keep you updated with cool news. Things are going well back in Boulder! I got an internship that will probably become a job at an advertising agency in Denver, called Thomas Taber & Drazen. It's been really fun so far. Kinda keeps me out of trouble and makes me get up early which is good, haha. Hope all is well!